Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2012 Fotos de mi Alma Sponsorship
Thursday, March 29, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
Be a part of changing young Latina’s lives. Each year, Latinitas presents Fotos de mi Alma, a photographic odyssey capturing Latino life through the lenses of professional and amateur photography. The auction takes place each spring and provides funding to continue the work of Latinitas—to empower young Latinas through media and technology. I invite you to become a sponsor of this event.
Established in 2002, Latinitas, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, whose mission is to empower young Latinas through media and technology. It has been a vital part of young Latinas lives through after school programs, Saturday and summer camps, special events, and the very first on-line e-zine for young Latinas—www.latinitasmagazine.org. The bilingual magazine, written for and by young Latinas, provides a vehicle whereby these girls and young women not only see themselves positively reflected, but are also a part of the production.
To date Latinitas has:
· 35,000 readers per month accessing www.latinitasmagazine.org
· 10,000 elementary & middle school Latinas attending after school enrichment programs
· Developed Spring & summer camps
· Incorporated mentors, interns and community partners to enrich the program and provide positive role models for the girls.
· Expanded the program to ten cities; new office opened in El Paso
· Developed a Teen Reporter in Training program for high school students
Fotos de mi alma is in its sixth year and is Latinitas’ main fundraiser, attracting national and international photographers. It provides funding for expansion, new equipment (laptops, cameras, printers, etc.) and to pay the hard costs that may not be covered by grants. Join us today by becoming a sponsor.
Since its inception, www.LatinitasMagazine.org, the first digital magazine for Hispanic girls, has reached over 1 million young readers with our success-themed content created by Latina girls for girls.